Sunday, March 31, 2013

Celebrating Easter with these Cool Awards

pic credit: http://iowagrasslands.blogspot.com

Happy Easter, friends! I hope everyone's having a wonderful celebration! Well, I decided to celebrate this one with some awards I’ve been nominated for. Big thanks to Uzoma for nominating me for The Beautiful Blogger Award, the Sunshine Award, and the Hug Award. Uzoma is a friend, brother, artist, and a blogger. His writings really inspire me. His short story, WHEN YOUR KILLER COULD HAVE BEEN A CHILD SOLDIER won the March edition of Isuu’s online short-story contest. I encourage you all to stop by his blog, 85 Degrees when you can. The post for the Beautiful Blogger Award is long overdue, and I hope he pardons me for the delay.

Award No 1:
BEAUTIFUL BLOGGER AWARD



The Rules:
1. Copy and place the Beautiful Blogger Award in your post.
2. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
3. Tell 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 7 fellow bloggers for the Beautiful Blogger Award, tell them by posting a comment on their blogs.

Now 7 Things About Me:
1. My favorite time of the day is very early in the morning, and that’s when I write best.
2. I love video games. Yeah, I can brag about playing all of the Call of Duty series by Activision, except for the most recent one: Black Ops II. I love the Resident Evil series too.
3. My favorite meal is garri (cassava), ofe onugbu (bitter leaf soup) and smoked meat.
4. I cannot do without music. But I can write without it!
5. I love good horror movies.
6. Avatar, and Stranger Than Fiction are my all-time favorite movies.
7. My favorite colour is blue. I’m fond of green too.

My nominees:
· Robyn
· Athina
· Megan
· Florentine
· Vanessa
· Sophia
· Scott

Award No 2:
SUNSHINE AWARD




Uzoma’s Ten Questions:

1. What inspired you to start blogging?  Honestly, I won’t say I was inspired. I saw blogs online and thought it’d be cool to have one too. You can check out my post, Writing and Book Blogging, a New World for more on this.
2. How did you come up with the name of your blog? I wanted a blog where I could post anything about creativity – music, writing, movies – anything related to the arts. Writing and Books, though, are my main focus here.
3. What is your favourite blog that you like to read? I like blogs that talk about arts.
4. Tell about your dream job. I’ve always wanted to make an income from writing or music. Though when I was younger, I wanted to be an actor.
5. Is your glass half full or half empty? This is a tough question and I’m still thinking about it.
6. If you could go anywhere for a week’s vacation, where would you go? The Caribbean Islands.
7. What food can you absolutely not eat? I haven’t tasted anything yet I’d absolutely not eat. 
8. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate? Milk chocolate!
9. How much time do you spend blogging? Seventy percent of the time I spend on the internet is on reading blogs, commenting, doing memes and other fun stuffs bloggers do.
10. Do you watch TV – if so, what are some of your favorite shows? No, I’m not a TV person. I spend most of my time on the computer. But I love Nat Geo Wild’s Dangerous Encounter with Brady Barr.

My Nominees:

· Robyn
· Athina
· Megan
· Florentine
· Vanessa
· Sophia
· Scott
-      Nitzan

To those nominated, these same questions apply…

Award No 3:
HUG AWARD




The HUG Award© was initiated by Connie Wayne at A Hope for Today, which promotes hope, love, peace, equality, and unity for all people.

The HUG Award© is for people with an expectant desire for the world, for which they: Hope for Love; Hope for Freedom; Hope for Peace; Hope for Equality; Hope for Unity; Hope for Joy and Happiness; Hope for Compassion and Mercy; Hope for Faith; Hope for Wholeness and Wellness; Hope for Prosperity; Hope for Ecological Preservation; Hope for Oneness

This award also:
- recognizes and honors those who help keep hope alive in our current world, which is plagued by war, natural disasters, and economic recession. They nurture hope, in any of the above areas (in italics), by the work they do, or in their personal lives with things such as blogging, public speaking, charity work, etc.
- is for people who, without giving up or compromising their own religious, spiritual, or political beliefs, are able to nurture hope and respect the dignity of all people.
- is for those who, without bias or prejudice, use their resources and gifts to make the world a better place for everyone.
- is for people who have a hope or an expectant desire that the work or talents they use in things such as blogging, public speaking, charity work, etc., will make a positive impact on the world.

My Nominees:
· Robyn
· Athina
· Megan
· Florentine
· Vanessa
· Sophia
· Scott
-      Nitzan

PS: For the nominees, you are not under any obligation whatsoever to take the awards. 

Thank you, and I wish you all a wonderful Easter.

19 comments:

  1. Hi Kaykay,
    Happy Easter. :)
    Thank you very much for the nominations. I'll pick on of them.
    I wish a beautiful day and an even better week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Athina! Thanks for choosing to accept.

      Have an awesome week! :)

      Delete
  2. Well done for being nominated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for thinking of me, Kaykay. I normally don't participate in awards, but this is so touching and the Hugs Award resonates with me. It's something I'd like to deserve. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Robyn. I'm glad you love the Hug Award. I must confess it's my best among the three.

      Have a great week too! :)

      Delete
  4. Hello KayKay,

    Congrats on the awards! And thank you for the beautiful words of commendation. So you love ofe onugbo? That's good to know. I have played all of Call of Duty. I confess it makes me want to join the military every time I sit to play the game. I also love God of War!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my pleasure, Uzo. Yeah, I love ofe onugbu, and I don't joke with it. :) Call of Duty makes me want to be in the military too. Another series that does that to me is the Battlefield series.

      Thanks for stopping by. Have a great week! :)

      Delete
  5. Hi again.
    I have participated, so take a look if you want. Thanks!!
    http://between-my-lines.blogspot.gr/2013/04/beautiful-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for participating in this, Athina. And many thanks for the good words on your blog.

      Happy Reading! :)

      Delete
  6. Hiya KayKay,
    Thanks for the nomination and happy Easter to you too! (Or should I also add April Fool's day...?) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sophia. It was also April Fool's Day, so you're free to say that.

      *sorry for the late reply*

      Delete
  7. Thank you very much for the nominations Kakay :) You have always been a very dear book blogger friend ;)

    Hope you had a great Easter!

    http://between-my-lines.blogspot.gr/2013/04/beautiful-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Florentine! Yeah, Easter was good. Hope you had a wonderful one too!

      *sorry for the late reply*

      Delete
  8. Thank you so much for these nominations, Kaykay! I really appreciate you thinking of me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Megan. Hope you had a wonderful Easter!

      *sorry for the late reply*

      Delete
  9. Thanks a lot Kaykay... I have been really busy with the kids over Easter so I'll get on to this ASAP.

    I still have chocolates to eat too

    Vanessa :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Vanessa. I look forward to reading your post! :)

      Happy Reading!

      Delete